Celibacy/Abstinence/Simple Pleasures

Beloved Dhananjay,

I wonder about your viewpoint on simple pleasures, such as using blankets at night and enjoying a revolving heater unnecessarily.

This weakens my resolve, proves less dedication to self-realization, and effectively encourages pleasure-seeking, right?

Thank you,

It is not use of a facility which is detrimental but addiction to that sensation. When the mind is fixed on the self, one does not succumb to addiction, but merely uses the same as required.
ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.