Celibacy/Abstinence/Significance of Semen

Hi Dhananjay ,

I wish to know how deplete in Semen in sex and masturbation shorten one life span.

The semen that one conserve goes to nourish the body on physical,mental and spiritual level.

But one thing I observe from old people is that they lack sexual urge, or their sexual urge has decreases after they hit 40-60 years old.

Can I say that semen is like "battery" and that all of us is given a fix amount.

One who constantly use our "battery" will deplete its power and until a stage that no power is left.

I hope to extend my understanding of semen and its usage and I believed that semen in a Man is fixed.

Everything as regards this body is limited. To overcome identification with the body & mind, negate the seeds of past karma and attain realization of the self, one requires much fuel of Ojas. Hence the wise convert Semen into Ojas, so as to work at freeing themselves of residence in the body & mind, which are nothing but suffering.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.