Celibacy/Abstinence/Body Heat

Dear Dhananjay,

Today i wish to talk a out body heat and my pratice. I notice recently I am having an internal body heat which previously I am not able to feel.

I was unable to feel coldness in Air-con room and i sweat more than usual.

My pratice for yoga is not strong which I admit yet this internal heat build up. I have slack in my pratice and only meditate if I am free. I have 1.5 years of celibacy.

I hope u can provide me with advise on this. This sign may show that I am on the right path and also may be sign that I am doing something wrong in my yoga pratices.

Best Regards,

It is natural for an increase in body heat further to Brahmacharya. It is this 'Yogagni' (Fire of Yoga) which roots out the karmic toxins over a span of many years, eventually rendering the body free.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.