Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya & Eyesight

Today I wish to know more about how Brahmacharya affect one eyesight.

From many books and resources, it is known that Brahmacharya help improve one eyesight if the practice is correct.

However, I have been practicing Brahmacharya/ Celibacy for more than 1.5 Years and my eyesight have not improve. In the recent eye screening, my eyesight is getting worse from 350 degree to 400+ degree.

I am asking for your advise because I think the theory of Brahmacharya help to improve one eyesight is just a myth.

I seek your expert advise.

Best Regards,

1. One's present physical and mental state is the result of millions of past births. A year or two of Brahmacharya cannot negate the karma of such weight.

2. Brahmacharya is the way for perfection. Be it of the mind or the body; be it now or later.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.