Celibacy/Abstinence/Importance of goal

Last time i thanked you for helping me to clear my board exams through brahmacharya.
I am confused with what is real and what is not real ,whether the religous books are right or not. I believe in god but i dont understand how everything is illusion. I like to believe in my experience. when i am praying to god if i have a headache i unable to concentrate. so it is my brain which is praying not the soul.
I dont have a goal or a burning desire to achieve something. This has affected my brahamacharya. spiritual goal  that is to reach god alone  does not motivate me. I feel a materialistic goal  is required . I feel alone in a directionless road. so please help

There is nothing wrong in having materialistic goals, as long as one is not attached or obsessed to them. Persevere in the activity that appeals to you, always holding on to the self through Sadhana. In the course of time, all that has to come will come...

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.