Celibacy/Abstinence/Proper Sadhana?

Dear Sir,

Its with much adulation that I read your answers to the various questions posed by numerous aspirants.

I was intrigued by your reference to "proper sadhana"in many of your responses.

What is this proper sadhana? Is it a general rule that can be applied by everyone or does it have to be customised to suit each individual?

Your response would be much appreciated

It differs from individual to individual, based on their traits & past Samskara-s (impressions). When the complete set of Yogic practices suggested in past answers are applied regularly, with surrender to God, the path will be known on its own, from within.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.