Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya and Homosexuality

Dear Sir.  Does brahmacharya practices that you have suggested apply for GAY men also ?  I am gay and practicing brahmacharya for past 1+ months and want to continue till I become urdhvaretas.  Kindly advice.

Once 'Avidya' (ignorance) around the Atman is removed, one is neither heterosexual nor homosexual, but the pure self, which has no gender. Take up the practice honestly, with devotion to the Lord. The objective will be attained. One's orientation does not matter here.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.