Celibacy/Abstinence/Prophet & his wives

Dear Mr. Dhananjay

I have been going through your insights on Celibacy/Brahmacharya. In your past posts, you had mentioned about Urdhvareta (no semen is produced rather transmuted) as an essential step before self-realization.
In this connection, when I read about Prophet Mohammad, he had the revelations from God and Samadhi. However afterwards, he was able to have conjugal intercourse with his 11 wives and 2 concubines and even produce children. How is that possible? Kindly go through the life of Prophet Mohammad and provide your insights.

One will know these things through direct experience, further to the attainment of Gnyana, rather than through the book reports of historians which one takes literally.That will clear the matter as required.
It is the symbolic meaning which is to be grasped and not the gross.
ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.