Celibacy/Abstinence/Dealing with Siddhis

Question
Which perspective should one adopt towards the inevitable attainment of yogic powers en-route to self-realization?
What is the correct manner in which an aspirant controls yogic powers? Are their any practices and/or exercises one may perform?
What is their purpose and how must they be correctly utilized? In which instances is the use of yogic powers warranted?
Please provide examples as to how they become impediments/distractions in terms of self-realization and the solutions with which they can be counteracted.

if you have already answered such queries, please tell me the time frame and I will search through past answers.

Thanks.

Answer
1. "All powers belong to the Lord and not me. What is seen is a mere reflection of HIS will. I do nothing" should be the attitude. With such a detached mind, one should be indifferent to all Siddhi-s, giving them no more attention than one gives a grain of sand.

2. One should first let go of the desire to 'exercise' and 'control' such. Then there will be no issue.

3. Do your Dharma (Sadhana to realize the self) and be quiet. HE will decide how they are to be utilized through you, if so willed. That is not your concern.

4. He who seeks, craves or thrills in Siddhi-s is soon enveloped by his 'Ahamkara'(Ego) which will cause his downfall without doubt. There are numerous instances in mythology, illustrating the same.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay