Celibacy/Abstinence/Holding on the self

Question
I am 39 years old & have started brahmacharya 5 years ago til now.
I have not been successful in my path not because of indulging in the sex or lust but because of not being able to manage the fluctuations of mind. in countless times in my life I confronted with these fluctuations & most of them I failed. you recommended holding on the self when we confront with these crises. please describe it more.

Answer
Though proper application of the Sadhana suggested in past answers, in an unbroken and consistent manner, one gradually detaches from all conceived and perceived and resides in the truth, realizing all else to be an illusion. This is holding on to the self. It is being quiet.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth) 98r

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay