Celibacy/Abstinence/Holding on the self

I am 39 years old & have started brahmacharya 5 years ago til now.
I have not been successful in my path not because of indulging in the sex or lust but because of not being able to manage the fluctuations of mind. in countless times in my life I confronted with these fluctuations & most of them I failed. you recommended holding on the self when we confront with these crises. please describe it more.

Though proper application of the Sadhana suggested in past answers, in an unbroken and consistent manner, one gradually detaches from all conceived and perceived and resides in the truth, realizing all else to be an illusion. This is holding on to the self. It is being quiet.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth) 98r

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.