Celibacy/Abstinence/Keeping the mind calm

Question
Hi Dhananjay,

I am writing this today to thank you for your contribution to allexperts.com. I am of of those who are lucky enough to receive your teaching and advice here.

I am reaching my 650 days of Brahmacharya in a few days time.I would say Brahmacharya is the right path for me.

As one progress in the path of truth, the craving of answers also reduce.There is nothing much to ask and nothing more to know as one progress/getting closer to one.

Since I am typing this I will ask something for the sake of it.

I would like to know how to calm the mind on physical and mental level. That include developing right thoughts, right diets....

I believe that by developing these attributes, I can obtain greater peace.

Answer
It is very simple, the closer one keeps the mind to the Atman (self), the calmer it stays. Disturbance is the result of the mind's attachment to the 'Asat' (unreal). The Atman alone is real. The beginner achieves this through constant meditation on the formless self, asking nothing in return. As one practices so over a span of many years with unbroken Brahmacharya, one is always in meditation, whatever be the nature of external activity. Then the self alone remains, encompassing everything.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay