Celibacy/Abstinence/Purpose of Brahmacharya

Question
Hello,

first of all thanks for answering questions. Not everywhere you can ask about this topic and get honest answer :)

I am on my second stretch of abstinence. First one I went close to 120 days and now I am near 70th. As time passes by I wonder more and more about it's true purpose. Could be that celibacy meant to achieve something bigger then yourself? Like some goal that person views as life long big (for example I have nagging thoughts on such a creative project for awhile)? Like wouldn't be a waste of effort to not try to accomplish such a goals that leads to greatness? I hope I expressed myself clearly.

Thanks

Answer
1. Mere abstinence is not Brahmacharya.

2. The purpose of Brahmacharya is to realize oneself, thereby delivering oneself into infinity, ever in bliss, free from all suffering. One thus reaches his true state of freedom, free from encasement in the body & mind forever, which are the forts of suffering. That is greatness.

He who strives so achieves all he is destined to in the material plane as well, en route.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay