Celibacy/Abstinence/Sadhana time, fasting to death

Dear Dhananjay,

1. You often say one should continue unbroken Sadhana. What is the minimum amount of time per day one should devote to Sadhana to consider it unbroken? I was able to successfully practice celibacy for one year. Of the 12 months, for the first 8 months, I did several hours of Sadhana per day and it was proper brahmacharya. The last 3-4 months, I practice celibacy through body and mind but my Sadhana slipped due to work stress and I started playing computer games and phone games and eventually fell from brahmacharya. I finally recovered and have resumed brahmacharya and Sadhana for last 3 months, but I have have host of health problems now because of which I can neither sit, stand or lie down comfortably for a long time at a stretch. I'm trying my best to do Sadhana in various body postures while health recovers. What is the minimum duration I should devote to Sadhana per day to consider it unbroken? Also I'm seeing some tendencies repeat like wanting to play games to forget about the pain. I recognized how last time it led to my fall and Am avoiding it.

2. In some spiritual traditions , fasting to death is considered good spiritually. I'm wondering if for someone things become really painful in the body, and if the person does not have any serious attachment to anyone, is it OK to give up food and devote oneself to full time Sadhana and brahmacharya until death arrives? Can this lead to moksha or will it lead to bad karma and rebirth?

Thank you,
Om tat sat

1. As much time as possible, after getting done with activities related to one's Dharma. It is not the time alone, but the intensity. The true Yogi holds on to the self in the midst of all activities. He is always in Sadhana, though attending to external work.

2. If that is destined, as per one's Prarabdha karma, it will happen. Else, one cannot. Fasting by itself is not favorable.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.