Celibacy/Abstinence/Social work and spirituality

Hello brother,     
         I want to know your point of view on social work and spirituality,I ask this question because before the following of bramcharya and spirituality.I had decided to do life time social work but after following bramcharya and meditation and lots of experience my thinking is change and decided to concentrate on spirituality so my first priority is spirituality and leave social work but my friends try to convince me that i am wrong and back to come in social work but i cant back now i surrender to my Guru and God just  i simply want to know your point of view both of these

Realizing oneself is the greatest service one can offer the society, for the realized one quells the suffering of all others, like a light which guides one in a dark tunnel. Hence one should strive to realize oneself first.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.