Celibacy/Abstinence/Acceptance of Gifts

Question
Dear Dhananjay,

Sometimes as part of indian customs children receive money as a gift from relatives and friends wom we havent visted in a long time. Even after firm and polite requests, they become emotionally forceful and compel one to accept, I can be absolutely firm in my wishes to reject, but that would then violate ahimsa because I have hurt their feelings. I do not want these karmic bondages. If i donate the gift to charity, have I set up a new karmic equation which takes enlightenment further away?

Answer
If one donates to charity with the 'I-ness' (Ego) thinking "I have done someone good", it will result in a karmic obligation. If it is done without the I-ness, with the feeling "Everything belongs to the Lord. Let good come to he who takes this. I do and expect nothing" then there is no karmic obligation.

The man in the quest of the self surrenders all his actions to God and does not take any credit. He does not perform them with his Ego.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay