Celibacy/Abstinence/How to channel energy?

Hello Dhananjay,

I've noticed that when I have prolonged abstinence my mind begins to race and I begin to move quicker. It's almost like my mind and body are racing due to the increased energy in my system. I feel a little out of control and don't really like feeling that way. I was hoping you could give me advice on how to calm down and control the increased energy.

The mind is to be merged in the silence. Then there will be no problem, immaterial of whether one is in meditation or at work. Internally, such a one is always in meditation. That is Brahmacharya, nothing else.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.