Celibacy/Abstinence/Mental turmoil in the path

I wonder if various phases of bad mental state is normal in deeper celibacy durations. For example I am close to 140 days and lately experiencing severe sadness, apathy and intimidation. I wonder if it's normal and if it will pass with time. I have way more nocturnal emissions as of lately as well.

My lifestyle is quite healthy. My reason to be celibate is to eventually become better version of myself. I don't smoke, drink or use drugs. I try to eat healthy, keep regular sleep schedule and meditate daily twice. I also used to exercise till this moment but this mental state I am in simply won't let me exort physically. So I just walk here and there.

Please, answer if possible in a detailed, helpful way because last time I got almost one liner answer and it did not help at all.

I am mainly asking is what I am experiencing normal and should I persevere.

Thank you a lot

It is normal for the mind and body to go through extreme oscillations of an opposite nature during the initial years of practice. This is on account of the upsurge of past Vasana-s, which have suddenly been restricted and curtailed. The reactions can vary from person to person, in nature and magnitude.

The determined Sadhaka turns a blind eye to all these and perseveres in his Sadhana patiently. That alone dissolves the impediments and helps one eventually break out of ignorance.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.