Celibacy/Abstinence/Secret of Pranayama

Question
Can the pratice of pranayama burn out lust ?

I discover that breathing and lust and connected in some way in my pratice.

Please advise thanks

Best regards
AL

Answer
The mind, Prana (vital energy), semen and breath are all connected. Control over any one gives control over the other three. The mind, which is the result of past Samskara-s cannot be easily controlled. Hence the wise Yogi develops control over his Prana through the practice of Pranayama, which involves breath control and controls his mind. Thereby comes control over semen, which culminates in the power to stop its production itself. When this is achieved, Bindu (seed) stabilizes as Soma (nectar) in the Ajna Chakra and does not flow down. It is the necessary fuel for Samadhi (merging the mind into the Atman). Through merging the mind into the Atman (self), one becomes THAT, limitless and all encompassing, his true nature.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay