Celibacy/Abstinence/Secret of Pranayama

Can the pratice of pranayama burn out lust ?

I discover that breathing and lust and connected in some way in my pratice.

Please advise thanks

Best regards

The mind, Prana (vital energy), semen and breath are all connected. Control over any one gives control over the other three. The mind, which is the result of past Samskara-s cannot be easily controlled. Hence the wise Yogi develops control over his Prana through the practice of Pranayama, which involves breath control and controls his mind. Thereby comes control over semen, which culminates in the power to stop its production itself. When this is achieved, Bindu (seed) stabilizes as Soma (nectar) in the Ajna Chakra and does not flow down. It is the necessary fuel for Samadhi (merging the mind into the Atman). Through merging the mind into the Atman (self), one becomes THAT, limitless and all encompassing, his true nature.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.