Celibacy/Abstinence/3 questions.

Hari Om.

I'd posted few queries a few months ago also. I was a victim to self-abuse for nearly 7 to 8 years. Now I am 25 years old. I am a engineering student. I became a moral wreck owing the the habit, but have recovered considerably now owing to abstinence for nearly a year. I have 3 questions.

1). The region below the root of the penis and just above the testes (the area joining the two) has suffered damage (in the form of expansion of the area, consequently expansion of the penis from its root.) as a result of which little quantity of semen usually accumulates in that region which has the smell of blood. I am observing restraint on all sorts of stimulation so there is no question of voluntary ejaculation now. But this automatic accumulation of semen below the penis is the result of long time self abuse. What should be done?

2). There are some people, who never fall prey to evil habits and lead a wonderful life full of material and spiritual progress. There are some, like us, who put ourselves behind the doors and throw out our rethas from the body into the urinal to invite death, weakness and disease. By the time we realise what we've done to ourselves, everything is lost and we end up in bringing permanent injury to this body. Body, which serves as a boat to cross the ocean of this illusory sense universe. why is it so?

2). For a person like me, is self-realization possible? Or I've wasted this life. Kindly also consider my degree of physical weakness, while answering this question. The Scriptures say, "Nayam atma balaheenena labhyah".

Hari Om.

1. If the Yogic practices for transmutation are rightly applied, no fluid will get secreted or accumulated in the area. Mere abstinence does not address the issue. One should apply Brahmacharya in thought, word and deed and sublimate the gross fluid into subtle Ojas.

2. One's past Samskara-s (impressions) and Vasana-s (tendencies) dictate the direction of the present existence. However, he who realizes his follies and takes up to the quest of the self is eventually redeemed of all issues and goes into the bliss of the Atman.

3. Yes, the self cannot be realized by the weak and timid. However, who is weak and timid? It is the body/Ego and not one's Atman (self), which is ever strong. Therefore, it is enough if one strives through Sadhana, to overcome identification with the body & mind as not being the self. Then, one resides in the Atman, full of strength. An exceptional person, who perseveres relentlessly will eventually achieve this.

Do the suggested Sadhana, without interruptions and without doubt, with surrender to the Almighty. Things will come out alright.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.