I would like to thank the Almighty for having provided aspirants in the modern world with your services. In the absence of a gurukula system, your online portal has provided much relief and strength.

I have a few queries:

1) During meditation and pranayama, one feels invincible, as if no lust can penetrate him. After intense meditation, one thinks about the body of a woman with disgust, laughing at how he had moha for the flesh bag, and pictures the body in old age or death.

Yet...the next moment, when one walks on the street and sees a beautiful lady, all this vairagya vanishes! The mind covets the flesh form!

Is this not strange? I am very intelligent by academic standards but how is my mind not processing this simple fact? One moment, I am in the throes of atmananda, aware of the falsity of sense pleasures, yet the next moment, all it takes is for one appealing woman to thwart my sense of balance!

I am very confused by my inability to keep the mind clean. How can this be, even though I cognitively know what is right?

2) I have read your answers carefully. You advise to abstain from massages in general with other individuals, citing that prana mixes. What are the harmful effects of one's prana mixing with another.

3) Some have suggested that male and female energies are complementary and nourish one another. Will the brahmachari derive any benefits from hugging, caressing, etc. women? Or will any such benefits by shadowed by the huge losses he suffers in veerya being produced?

4) The more I practice brahmacharya, the more I notice I am polarizing. While charm, humor, and intelligence have increased manifold, I find men and women are irresistably drawn or quickly repulsed due to jealousy. What does the Almighty do to cause these changes and WHY does he cause these changes?

5) It's popular for young men to measure their worth by the number of women they have bedded. It is crude, but the mind starts to wander when being placed in a young, collegial atmosphere with thousands of such men around. What is the antidote?

Many Regards Guruji.

ANSWER: 1. All those feelings of invincibility are a product of the Ego, which flies in borrowed feathers, drawing from the power of the Atman in meditation.

Maya will break the power of intelligence like a knife slices through butter. Maya cannot be won over through intelligence manifest through the Ego. It is like a drowning man trying to save himself by holding on to his own hair, for the ego itself is Maya. When one overcomes the Ego alone is Maya conquered.

2. It is not preferable to come into contact with the astral energy from other bodies. It becomes an impediment.

3. It will end in downfall.

4. The why and how is to be realized through direct experience.

5. Let go of the concept of being man or woman and strive to realize yourself as the Atman, which has no gender.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: 1) When the body and mind are tired, the natural recourse seems to be a desire for hugging a flesh creation of some sort, particularly a woman. It feels that desire is natural and biologically prompted similar to how one feels attracted to a plate of hot food after having played a long game of tennis. Is the biological impulse toward flesh natural or unnatural and how is the aspirant to overcome it?

2) Conquering maya can only be done by becoming the one supreme self. But for bodily tiredness, weakness, aches, and pains, the natural biological recourse appears to be intimacy with a woman just like the recourse for hunger is food. If this is not the right path, will meditation or some other method suitably take care of the ailing body?

3) Why does the astral energy from other bodies cause problems? In modern society we sit in close quarters at work, live in crowded cities, move on crowded platforms such as trains and buses, and frequently hug/handshake others. Will the astral body or "linga sharira" get affected by these worldly vibrations? I feel it will but am helpless as I have no choice but to endure these.

4) I really, really want to be happy. To be truly blissful. Is there truly no sense pleasure on this planet that will equal the bliss of the atman? I have partially felt the bliss of the atman during meditation but even afterward a craving for sense pleasures remains. Are atman and sense pleasures simply two varieties of pleasures to be savored or am I mistaking having actually felt what true self realization feels like?

5) As a very young man my chief worry is regret. I do not want to wake up one morning at the age of 50 and think "hmm, my brahmacharya pursuits prevented me from living a full live" and crave sense pleasures. Will HE take care of me if I concentrate on him? It is very difficult to maintain sadhana and CONFIDENCE in one's sadhana when the rest of the world has not the least interest, care, or belief in moving past the sense pleasures.

Thank you,

Do your Sadhana with surrender to the Lord, asking nothing in return. All queries will be answered by themselves in time. Things will come alright.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.