Celibacy/Abstinence/Marriage & Brahmacharya

Question
QUESTION: Hii dhananjay,
Im almost about to complete my education and join industry..I have had some academic setbacks which caused long term depression/loneliness..I got into habit of masturbation..Each time I did it again and again, I realised how superficial the whole sex/marriage is..is it worth to get into those bonds of marriage of lifetime just for few moments of pleasure? What are some phenomenal things that I can achieve with brahmacharya (I had about 18 months streak of non masturbation, which I did to achieve academic goal)?
OR Im just thinking about all these just because Im alone and dont have many like minded friends..? I mean how do I know that this path is for me??
Thanks

ANSWER: If one is destined to go through marriage, it happens. Marriage is not an institution which goes against residence in the self. Marriage by itself does not have anything to do with Brahmacharya. It is not that those who are single succeed or those who are married fail. Brahmacharya is attained as the past Samskara-s blocking residence in the self gradually vacate through Sadhana. All occurs by the will of the higher power.

Apply efforts to realize the self, with surrender to God always, asking nothing in return. Then, one is not disturbed, whether he goes through marriage or remains single. The path to be taken unravels by itself.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: 1)How can one be brahmachari while being married? isn't whole brahmacharya concentrated on "abstinence from sexual activities" ?
2)what daily activities a person can and should change if he is to progress on this path of realization, while living the common man like life?
3)You said you are married,then how do you observe brahmacharya?, and how do you know that you would not have done better, had you not been married?
Thanks

Answer
1. Sexual activity carried out for progeny does not come in the way of the quest of the self. The Yogi who is a 'Grihasta' (householder) does so and maintains Brahmacharya. He focuses all his energies for self-realization, further to the birth of a child.

2. The Yogic lifestyle to be applied has been dealt with in detail, in past answers.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay