Celibacy/Abstinence/Food and Pranayama

Dear Sir,

1. How much amount of food should be consumed by a yogi in a day (including 3 times)

2. As I drink water after nadi shodhana before pranayama I fell toilet in the middle of meditation.

3. After pranayam, then meditation, then snacks, so the time gap between pranayam and snack is minimum 40-45 mins. Is there any problem with such type of time gap.

4. In evening is it necessary after nadishodhana and after pranayama same procedure that means water/milk and snacks  respectively ?

1. As much as would neither make one feel heavy, nor hungry. Details on 'Mitahara' are available in past answers.

2. Ignore and persevere.

3. One can take food a few minutes after meditation. The body should be fed after Sadhana.

4. Yes, one should get done with dinner after the evening Sadhana.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.