Celibacy/Abstinence/Interactions with other people

Hi dhananjay,

I would like to know your thoughts on family gathering/small parties I feel they are very overwhelming and i do not enjoy going to them, unlike most people who enjoy it. is this bad for brahmacharya? I think I read in a past answer and you said it is best not to be around others a lot? I am reading your past answers a lot in my free time as well. sorry if this has been asked a lot

One in the quest of the self, who is into committed practice will not get the mind to spend too much time in the non-self. They are mutually exclusive. The sign of an aspirant destined to progress is solitude, for the Atman (self) is itself silence.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.