Celibacy/Abstinence/pranothana & yogi's hair

Question
QUESTION: Dear Dhanajay,

Hope you're doing well.
I'm on day 6 of brahmacharya toward a day 15 goal which I plan to extend upon completion as suggested in past answers.

Pranothana is the linear movement of prana.  I've read elsewhere that this is the beginning of chakra purificaton and preparation for kundalini awakening.  Does this mean prana is turning into subtle ojas through pranothana instead of gross semen due to yogic practices and the like? (and will this help my hair at all?)

Secondly, I've read some answers noting hair and beard being valuable for the yogi. So I'm growing my hair out again and my beard for the first time but im just 22yo and it doesn't look like it'll really look too good.  Will brahmacharya make my beard thicker somehow?

Regarding my head hair, its VERY thick, wavy, and sortof difficult to manage when it gets longer.  It had a certain luster and silkiness that has diminished since my teens but its always been a bit of hassle to deal with.  

Nevertheless, I'm motivated to let it grow without trimming it.  How should a yogi with my hair type take care of his hair?

I really admire the shiny, healthy looking hair most kids have. Unfortunately, I don't see too many adults maintaining that youthful look.  Will brahmacharya with yogic practices improve the quality of my hair at all and make it more manageable as it grows long again?

Thanks you!!!

Sincerely,
Austin

ANSWER: 1. Through 'Pranothana', vital Prana is prevented from turning into gross semen and converted into Ojas.

2. Growing hair and the beard is beneficial. However, keeping one's worldly duties in mind, it might be necessary to trim them, if so required. One should not worry much about external appearance, for it is the practice that matters. It is the internal purification which is more important.

3. It is the law of nature that a flower buds into a fruit, which ripens and falls one day. The body has a beginning and hence an end. That which is destined occurs. This fascination or attachment for youth is to be relinquished, for it is as false as old age. One is the immortal self and not the impermanent body.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Dhanajay,

1) Is the conversion of Prana to Ojas always associated with pranothana and the sensations that accompany it - could you elaborate more on this please?

2&3)

There is an attachment for the youth there in me.  However, I assumed that youthful looking, healthy hair would correspond to the health of the individual and the hair's ability to perform its subtler functions.

Will the hair perform its yogic functions equally well regardless of its physical appearance and how its taken care of from an external point of view, or is there anything I could do to assist or at least not interfere with the hair performing its more subtle functions? like some do's / don't with hair care for this purpose?

Thanks very much,
Austin

Answer
Do your Sadhana honestly and merge the mind into the self. That which is to be known will reveal. Let go of fascination for the hair or the body. They are of no consequence in terms of the absolute.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay