Celibacy/Abstinence/Regain

Question
QUESTION: Respected Sir,
         Can chastity be regained again.What is the explanation that chastity be regained again

ANSWER: You can become chaste, but you can never again become a virgin if you are not one.  Chastity can be achieved by abstaining from sexual activity.  People are more likely to accept you as chaste the longer you have been chaste, if you were formerly sexually active.

QUESTION: Respected Sir,
         What is the difference between virginity and chastity?

Answer
Chastity means not being sexually active.  Virginity means never having been sexually active.  You can always become not sexually active, but you can't become never having been sexually active again once you have been.

As the songwriter wrote, "once you pass its border, you can ne'er return again."

Celibacy/Abstinence

Doug Adams, Ph.D.