Celibacy/Abstinence/Timing for evening yogic practices

Dear Dhanajay,

Some concerns about evening sadhana:

In the evening i plan a regimen of asana, nadi shodhana, (pranayama when introduced to these practices through lineage), followed by a session of silent sitting meditation.

I understand that after yogic practices and before sunset, food should be taken.

Sunset here is ~8PM.

How far in advance of sunset may yogic practices begin in order to reap the advantage of practicing at sunset & still leave room to eat.  Is it good to retire to bed with the sun immediately following food?

What advice can you give about this evening time?

Thank you very much for all your past answers and I look forward to your response. :)

1. As advanced as is necessary to complete the practice, as it gets fully dark.

2. Some time is to be given after food. One should not retire to bed immediately.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.