Celibacy/Abstinence/Veg or Non -Veg in Brahmacharya.

Question
Dhananjay ji,

I'd posted queries earlier also. Sir, I am a Bengali. Fish and meat (of goat only) is common in the community in which I've taken birth. I have abstained from non-vegetarianism for 3 years now. For the practice of Brahmacharya, these exciting food materials are to be avoided, as I've learnt. I recently found myself to be suffering from Anemia(low on blood) which caused severe weakness in the body. I halted my Sadhana. I then had to take some meat and medicines to bring myself on the tract. It was all because of misunderstanding the term 'Mitahara'. I took it for under-eating and thus abused the body.

One cannot recieve the grace of the Lord if ones' stomach is filled with meat diet, I've learnt from the Master. The divine light will not descend on him. Though, I am a Bengali, I've developed a distaste from food procured by blood-shed now.

What is right for a person like me belonging to such a community? Saints like Aurobindo, Ramakrishna and Vivekananda also belonged to this community and they were Brahmanishthas. I am not able to understand. Kindly clear this doubt of mine. Surely, I've not committed a crime by taking birth in this community and that I want to tread the path to illumination.

Hari Om.

Answer
It is generally preferable to avoid meat during the initial years, as past Samskara-s towards sensuality are very strong and animal matter can trigger these easily. Later, after much advancement, food does not cause trouble and one eats a little of whatever available for sustenance.

Take the food suggested by the inner voice. What is to be eaten and how much is very simple, when one listens within. No harm will come to such a one.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay