Celibacy/Abstinence/Huge wave of Tamas

Dear Sir:

As of the past three days, I am constantly getting feelings of Laziness and Lethargy during the day. Despite the use of volition and will, I slept during the day for two hours yesterday and am getting similar feelings today. I could also barely sleep yesterday in the night because of sleep during the day. Why is this the case? Why is my body and mind becoming increasingly tamasic? Would you suggest a remedy? As always, I thank you for your guidance and help.

It can happen due to various reasons. Such bouts are experienced by all practitioners at some stage or the other. The remedy is to adhere to the suggested Yogic lifestyle with unbroken Sadhana. Then, the trouble goes away.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.