Celibacy/Abstinence/Menses & Sexual dreams

Dear Sir,
I have noticed that I get sexually oriented dreams when my menstrual cycle is about to begin. I get the dreams early in the morning, which wake me up. During the cycle, the sexual thoughts are more, and I find myself engaging these thoughts. I try hard to divert, but these thoughts are strong.
Why do I get these dreams (which trigger the thoughts) during the menstrual cycle. What could be done to improve the situation.

Thanks a lot.

There is a stronger physiological stimulus at the start of the menstrual cycle, when the body is preparing for fertilization. It is a normal occurrence. With constant Sadhana, one eventually goes beyond the body and the mind, following which these effects taper and eventually stop.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.