Celibacy/Abstinence/Help needed for IBS

Question
Dear Dhananjay ,

I must bring to you a series of problems which have bothered me like a dog's tail, never straightening out.

Thanks to the path shown by Him, I embarked on the celibacy path a few times. Most recently, I had my longest duration at roughly 2 months and unfortunately gave into visual and physical stimulation.

My problem is a physical one. For the last many years (7 or so and I am currently 23) I have had severe bowel issues. Sometimes there will be IBS, having to go to the restroom immediately upon eating. At other times there will be incomplete evacuation and a feeling of total tightness and gas in the bowel region. When stool is passed, it is dry and hard and requires severe strain and it comes out in small sharp fragments which hurt.

Sadhana cannot be conducted in peace when the body is in such fragile shape. I cannot have milk in the morning as it triggers the bowels. Almost all foods cause havoc except for very few Sattvic entities.

An ayurvedic practitioner recently told me that there was too much heat in my upper body area and that the stools may have been dry due to my practice of Tribandha. Could this be possible? She prescribed the Ayurvedic herb Haritaki and I have been taking for a few days now. My problem has decreased slightly but has not gone away.

I do not joke here Sir-Right now, I want neither fame nor fortune nor accomplishment but simply a rigorous, healthy, digestive system with powerful jataragni that works properly. The lack of this prevents my sadhana, my peace, my japa, and fills the find with anxiety. As the anxiety builds, the mind becomes instable and soon, a break occurs. I do not want to lose brahmacharya again. Without proper digestion, performing pranayama hurts in the morning. I cannot do Tribandha well. The mind cannot be turned inward to the almighty.

Could I be doing something wrong with Tribandha? Would you recommend herbs? The problem did not abate during my 2 months of celibacy.

I fall at your feet. I will never be able to move one inch in my life if my health and digestive situation isn't resolved. I am a natural "Vata" type and my constitution is frail and sensitive. I wish He had given me more natural strength, digestive power, etc. but who am I to question his design and his plans for me?

On an unrelated note, as my practice has continued, one very unpleasant vasana has emerged. A desire to see people taken advantage of sexually and forced into such activities is clouding the mind. It is truly disgusting and I do not know where it came from, but the mind races when this vasana pops up. Kindly suggest how to resolve.

A student humbly waiting to follow and sincerely apply your advice,
Parth

Answer
Take moderate amounts of foods agreeable to the system and persist in proper practice of Brahmacharya in thought, word & deed with the requisite Sadhana described in past answers. Though initially difficult, practice stabilizes to the one whose yearning for the Lord is genuine. The issue on hand, which is karmic will slowly taper and vacate.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay