Celibacy/Abstinence/Sanskara-s & effects

Respected Sir,
         I want to know that after death is it that the soul takes whatever sanskaars we have in this life like good karmas,brahmcharya etc to the next life ?
         Suppose I  do good karmas,follow brahmchrya in this entire life then in my next birth ,my soul will carry good karma sanskaar and  brahmcharya sanskaar  in the next life after death?

1. Yes, the embodied soul carries with it the karma-s accumulated through its actions, which then dictate its next birth.

2. One should perform good deeds without expectation, selflessly, without the 'I-ness'. Else, one is reborn to enjoy the merit and denied liberation.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.