Celibacy/Abstinence/Samadhi-s

Question
Dear Dhananjay,

Could you please explain the meaning of 'Savikalpa Samadhi' and 'Nirvikalpi Samadhi'? What are they and what are the differences between the two?

I'm familiair with Buddhist texts, there they talk about 4 rupa jhana's and four arupa jhana's. Are there maybe (as far as you know) correspondences between these states and savikalpa- and nirvikalpa samadhi?

Thank you,

Gideon

Answer
In 'Savikalpa' or 'Sabija Samadhi', the 'Pratyaya' (seed of meditation) exists. Hence the I-ness (Ego) or experiencer also exists.

In 'Nirvikalpa' or 'Nirbija Samadhi', the knower, known and knowing all merge. So there is no seed or object. Hence there is no I-ness. Pure consciousness alone. Reality.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay