Celibacy/Abstinence/Vertigo, Brahmacharya/celibacy

Pranam Dhananjay Ji,

I have read all of your questions and answers on allexperts, probably all of them which were relevant to me.

I have been practicing Brahmacharya/celibacy from last 4 and half months.

I didn't know anything about Brahmacharya/celibacy.

I came to know about it after reading a few books written by swami vivekananda ji. I started listening to mantras like gayatri mantra, maha mrityunjaya mantra and music by sound of isha. I have also attended 3 days Inner enginnering course conducted by Sadhguru in Mumbai 2 years back. I practice shambhavi mahamudra and meditation by concentrating on my breath.

After a few days before I began practicing Brahmacharya/celibacy, I got vertigo for a few months.

I even get vibrations passing through my hands sometimes.

Is this normal? Can you please guide me.

It is normal to experience varying degrees of sensations and experiences during the initial years of practice. The body and mind go through changes for the better as past karma slowly gets vacated through longer and longer periods of Brahmacharya. This can sometimes manifest as some illness. As long as the correct methods of Yoga Sadhana (described in detail, in past answers) are adhered to, one has no worry. Things will eventually stabilize with time.

Go through all past answers slowly and apply the essence. Everything comes out right as regards the honest Sadhaka, who surrender to the higher power.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.