Cellular Phones/Deleted message.

DrDinTn wrote at 2013-11-29 09:10:37
I AM experiencing the same thing... a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE that was sent to ME, but meant for someone else... a LEGAL matter. I accidently deleted it & if you don't know the "codes", just WAIT until the end of all messages & it will ask you IF you would like to listen to DELETED MESSAGES & tell you to hit 1...9  and the deleted messages can be listened to AND RESAVED.... YAY!!! (Didn't work for me because my phone is seriously messed up & I "messed up" in addition.

BUT ONCE YOU HANG UP... YOU ARE SCREWED!!! BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO, DO NOT HANG UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONCE YOU HAVE DISCONNECTED FROM THAT CALL FOR MESSAGES, IT IS SUPPOSEDLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE MESSAGE BACK! BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

As for VERIZON, I was on the phone for >2 hours with 2 different people & got NO help. One customer rep said to try again & again, & I might "luck out", as the deleted messages ARE saved for 30 days, it's just that WE cannot access them??? I had NO luck & this was a message for SOME OTHER NUMBER, CRITICAL, LEGAL & I was going to call the caller & TELL THEM THAT THEY HAD CONTACTED THE WRONG PERSON, BUT I COULD NOT!! (My phone screen does NOT work OR I could have at least found the number & called to tell them, even IF I didn't have the details of the message.

EVERYONE SHOULD CONTACT VERIZON & TELL THEM TO CHANGE THIS POLICY, AS "MISTAKES GET MADE"!!! (One lady lost the last message that she had ever received from family members who had died!!) (Can you imagine?)

ALSO, FYI, just like a lot of people don't want to have "marriage contracts", because they expect to live happily ever after with this person... (LOL, good luck on that one!!)

USE CAUTION WHEN TRYING TO SAVE MONEY BY JOINING A PLAN WITH ANOTHER, as THEY ARE THE "MASTER" & CAN PREVENT YOU FROM VIEWING EVEN YOUR "OWN CALLS" ON THE WEBSITE... AND... THEY CAN "PREVENT YOU" FROM "USING YOUR OWN PHONE NUMBER" WHEN YOU LEAVE "THEIR" PLAN!!!

Note: I have seen posted that some other providers can retrieve the message for you... & IF YOU ARE LUCKY & DON'T HAVE A "MASTER", YOU MIGHT "SWEET TALK" A VERIZON REP TO HELP YOU TO RETRIEVE THE DELETED MESSAGE??? (They say that they cannot, but IF they keep the deleted messages for 30 DAYS, then why not?????

Again, IF YOU HAVE A "MASTER" ON THE ACCOUNT WHO IS AS "A$$", YOU CANNOT EVEN DO THAT. THEY CAN'T EVEN GIVE YOU THE LAST NUMBERS THAT CALLED YOU!!!!!!! (BAD BUSINESS FOR "SECURITY", IMHO.)

I am in the middle of this. THIS SUCKS!

Hope someone learns from this!  

Cellular Phones

Roberto Serrano