Cellular Phones/Wi Fi

How do I use WiFi? If I take a computer to the local McDonalds where they have free wifi, do I have to plug my computer in to a wall or something?
How do I do it?

WiFi doesn't require any cables or anything plugged in. If your computer has WiFi capabilities and you are in a location with free WiFi, you simply have to go to your computer, access the WiFi, search for the free WiFi and connect to it. If it requires a password, you will need that info, but in free WiFi areas, you typically don't need that. It's pretty simple, but you may want to have a friend or family member help you the first time so you see how it's done. Hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years