Cellular Phones/Building a custom cell phone (VOIP)

Question
I'm building a custom phone which will make calls over VOIP using softphone software. What hardware requirements will this phone have? i.e what are the minimum requirements for a processor/hard drive/etc?

Answer
To be completely honest, I'm sure that you have the technical abilities to build this phone, but I'm not an expert on phone building and wouldn't have any idea what would be neessary. I might suggest that you take a look at phones on the market today that are easily using VoIP protocols like Facetime and Skype and see what they all have in common. I can only imagine that what you want to do is both expensive and hard to support and would require a wireless carrier regardless. Good luck to you with this venture and I hope that there is someone who can help you with this. Thanks.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN