Cellular Phones/lost contacts nextel sim card

Something terrible just happen I eraased all my contacts by mistake in my nextel i686, and I do not have the way to restore them > do you think is possible to recover my 234 lost contacts?

I have a hope you can help me out

Frank Batiz

Frank -

I spologize if you misinterpretted by answer. I did answer your question and provided a solution. A SIM card reader may be able to read what was on the SIM card IF your contacts were on the SIM. If they were on the phone and you deleted them, unfortunately, they are not re-accesible. Sprint and Nextel are the same company so I am very surprised that someone at the Sprint store told you that didn't know what to do. That is very unfortunate. They probably didn't want to deal with issues, is all. I hope this helped.

Original response. If you had these backed up to the network then yes or if you can find a SIM reader to read the iDEN SIM in your device and the contacts were on the SIM.  Take the phone to Sprint to see if they can assist you using their equipment. I hope they can help you. I know what a pain this is.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years