Cellular Phones/My Samsung Galaxy Note 1 phone loses battery fast

Question
I got my Samsung Galaxy note 1 phone a few months ago, it never did this to me.
2-3 days ago, it would have remained charged for 1 day and a half,or even 2.

For the past week, I've been charging it using my USB cable and connecting it to my computer, and lightly use the phone. I don't usually use it while it's charging.
But last night, it was maybe almost 4 am, it had like 50% battery. Then the next day, at 12 pm, it went completelly off, and I hadn't use it until 12pm at all!
Help, it didn't do this 3 days ago, I don't know what suddently happened.

It charges 5% in 5 minutes and loses battery really fast. I don't have many applications on it, and none of them are active either.Nor are the wi-fi, bluetooth or the GPS options. I don't know what to do. I might have to change the battery; or maybe the charger?

Answer
WHat I would recommend is taking the phone into your carrier and having them update the operating system to the latest one.  It's likely this needs to be done. It's not your charger or your battery, it is likely an issue with the phone.  If its under a year old, it cn repaired or replaced under warranty. Hope thi helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN