Cellular Phones/My Android can't browse the internet

Hi Debin,

I have an Android phone that usually can connect to the internet. But it has been already 2 days since all browsers and apps installed on my phone can't connect to the internet. Weird thing is all "background services" like push notification that there's new facebook messages, or a new messages on Line, they are arrived! And if I make my phone a tethering hotspot, all the devices that tethered to my phone can all browse the internet. Can you explain what happened and how to fix it?

FYI, this has already happens a few months ago, but it magically fixed, but that's after more than 1 month I can't access internet on my phone. I don't know what's wrong, and I don't know why it magically fixed, and I don't why it magically broken again. I'm not installing too many apps on my phone, since it's somewhat low end phone. And I've already not install any new apps for a long time. Thanks for your help.

What it sounds like to me is that the main page you have set up for browsing the internet has gotten corrupted. It may have occurred when you downloaded an application that changed your home page. My suggestion is that you check your settings for your browser and see if you can reset them to default settings. Make sure under Mobile Networks that Mobile Data is on and Mobile Hot spot is off (so that you can see if your device works not as a hotspot. If you still can't figure it out, I might suggest going to see your carrier and asking them to assist you. They should be able to troubleshoot the device for you. I hope this helps!

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years