Cellular Phones/old number in razr phone

son bought me a used razr phone for Christmas, when i send text messages the recipient see my phone number , but when i send a photo via text it show the old owner's phone number to the recipient, how can i get this changed? the picture opens in a new text box not in the same text box we have been texting in. any help will be great ,thanks Dana

what you need to do is to totally wipe your device so that all of information is removed and you can start from scratch and the prior owners info is removed. SMS messages (pure text) go through the voice side of the network and that's why you don't have any issue with your number showing when you send a text. But with MMS (like the photo message), it actually goes through the data network and if your friends see the phone number of the prior owner of the phone, that is because in the settings, the old owners info is still there. that's why you would want to wipe everyone away. On a feature phone (like your Razr), it's not like a SmartPhone, where MMS and SMS look the same. It should be a different box like what you are seeing. I hope this helps. Thanks.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years