Cellular Phones/How do you set up a voice mailbox

Everytime you call my friends phone it rings twice then says he has not set up his voice mailbox. Hes also haveing trouble calling people, sometimes the calls go threw, some times they do not. When they do go threw i cant hear him on the other line.. How dose he fix this he has atnt btw

Your friend needs to go into his phone and in the Phone settings and then into the Voice Mail and set up his greeting. Based on the phone, there are different steps to do this. Once he sets up his voice mail, when you call him, you wil hear his greeting. If he got his phone from another carrier and is now with AT&T, then he will need to reprogram the number associated with voice mail. The best way to do this is for him to go to an AT&T store and have them help him set it up and record his greeting. The other issue where you can't hear him may also be because of his phone. If his phone was purchased on ebay or somewhere other than new from AT&T, then it may not be working properly. Do you know any of these things about your friend's phone? THanks.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years