Cellular Phones/LG 440G Tracfone not pairing with pc

Hi Debi -

I have an LG 440G cell paired with an Emerson EM229 Bluetooth earpiece.  I also have a bluetooth dongle adapter and it is readily accepted by my system (emachines EL1352G-41W, Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit), yet when I try to pair/link the phone with the pc nothing happens.  I've gone through the add device scenario multiple times and can't get my phone recognized as a device on my system so I can do minor file transfers (non-Tracfone ringtones and pictures).

Is there another way to try to pair my phone and pc without going through the Windows 'add device' scenario?

In order to have your device communicate with your PC, the phones drivers have to be on the computer. From my past experience, I don't believe that Tracfone makes those drivers available. If you have your ringtones on an SD card that goes into your phone and they are compatible with the phone,you can get them onto the phone that way.  The idea is to get what you need in the SD card from the computer versus the phone. Hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years