Cellular Phones/Motorola Defy + wifi is disconnecting frequently

Hello Sir,

I recently buy a TP-Link W721N wireless adapter and using it as hotspot on my PC, to share my PC desktop internet to other wireless devices.

While my laptop is connecting perfectly with the wifi network, my cell phone ( Defy +  , 2.3 Android OS ) keeps on connecting and disconnecting after regular interval.
The problem is not range since it is still happening when I sit next to the device.

I have tried different options in phone but nothing seems to fix the issue, suddenly the network shows full bars then its gone.
This way the cycle is going on.

Kindly help me with this.

In looking into the details of this wireless adapter, I believe that the issue is that this adapter only works with the device that it is plugged into, which is your laptop. I didn't see anything in the specifications of the adapter that indicates that it can be used as a hotspot for other devices. What you need is a router with WiFi and then your devices can share the WiFi signal. The purpose of the adapter you bought was to make your PC WiFi enabled which I am assuming it didn't come with WiFi capability and that's why you purchased the adapter. I don't know if you have a cable modem or DSL or what signal you have in your home, but you would want to have that connected to a wireless router versus the PC. Let me know if this helps. Thanks so much.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years