Cellular Phones/cellphone reception

I have had TMobile for several years and never have had a problem until about 2yrs ago. When everything changed to 3g and up. I can not get service with the new 3g and up phones in my house or outside around my house. The older phones work just fine. We have tried the new sim cards but still no help. Our older phones are all starting to die and we really need to get new ones but not allot of choice for non 3g and up. We don't need Internet on them just to receive and send calls and texts. Please help

It's unfortunate that the 3G phones aren't working properly and the worse thing is that everyone's network is actually going 4g and 2g is not going to be available to anyone.  My honest suggestion is to consider a new carrier, perhaps AT&T or Verizon. It would be worth paying an early termination fee if you aren't able to get service. There really isn't anything else you can do once these old phones die and its fortunate they are actually still able to access the network.  I hope this helps. Thanks.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years