Cellular Phones/BlackBerry Cell Phone

Question
Why would the owner of a BlackBerry cell phone turn the wi fi off? What happens to e-mails sent to the phone when the wi fi is set to the off position? What about calls made to the phone when the wi fi is off?

Answer
If you never turned on wifi, you could do everything you want to with a smartphone (any smartphone). What wifi does is allow you to access the data network without using your data plan because wifi utilizes your connection to the Internet from another source. So wifi is great because its free and in some cases wifi is faster than using a cellular network. So if someone doesn't have access to wifi then its not an issue. If someone turns off cellular data and puts their phone into airplane mode then whenever they turn the network (or wifi) back on, they will then get their emails and any other notifications that they would have received. Having the network connection off won't hurt their ability to get data later on.  I hope this helps and answers your question. Thanks so much.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN