Cellular Phones/Can my employer access my personal cell phone account?

Question
QUESTION: Can my employer use my personal information to gain access to my personal cell phone account? I submit a portion of my bill for reimbursement, but the company does not "own" the account. Is it legal for them to access my account without my permission?

ANSWER: Your employer cannot gain info from your personal account. I guarantee you that. It is also not legal.  I hope this helps.

QUESTION: Yes, can you point me in the direction of what laws or rights that action breaks/violates? Unfortunately, my employer did access my personal account utilizing my information given to them for benefits purposes (which I understand is a complete misappropriation of my personal information), but how do I address the issue after its already happened? I filed a complaint with the FCC because Verizon is the one who released the information. Is that the extent of my recourse?

Answer
If your company pays the bill for your phone, they can access the account. No carrier is authorized to give someone who doesn't pay the bill access to an account. How do you think they were able to do it and do you have proof that they provided the info to your employer and what type of info was that?  You have the option of filing a claim against your employer also. You can consult an attorney who specializes in employment law but keep in mind hat you may not want to work for your company if you do this. I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN