Cellular Phones/Can't find missed call phone number

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3.  I have had someone call me twice and she only lets the phone ring twice before she hangs up and before I can answer the call.  I can't find her phone number in the Missed Call log.  How can I find these numbers.

I select Phone, then Logs, then Menu, then View By, then All Calls or Missed Calls, but there is nothing there.  What am I missing?

When your friend calls you, do you hear and see the phone ringing? If you don't, it is likely because the call isn't making it to your phone which may be because you are in a location without enough signal to ring the phone. If the call made itntomthe phone you would see the missed call icon on the top and by going to log as you mentioned you would see the missed call. Not seeing it on the log means it didn't get to your phone. I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years