Cellular Phones/Cell phone plans

Question
Hello,

I have used Tracphone for about 5 years, because I had little need for a more sophisticated plan system/plan. I mostly used my land line. Now I am eliminating my land line and only using a cell.

I'm writing to ask for your advice about which company to switch to. My needs are very simple:

I do not use any hand held devices other than my cell phone.

I don't have a family that I particularly need to  share a plan with, although my son and daughter-in-law use Verizon, so they can talk to each other for free. I often talk to them, so that might be appealing.

I don't use texting at all.

I am a senior on a very limited income, so I really need an inexpensive plan.

I would rather not have a contract.

I probably need about 500 minutes a month.

Please let me know if I can provide additional information that will help you help me decide.

Thank you so much,
B.J.

Answer
I would suggest you go with a pay as you go plan with Verizon. They have many different options and if you put around $100 or so on your account you will have a longer period of time to use the minutes before they expire. Other carriers have pay per use plans too but since you have family on Verizon that would be my suggestion. I hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN