Cellular Phones/BlackBerry 8110 latest OS version.

Hello there, I was wondering if you are able to help me on the latest OS version for my BlackBerry 8110. Current OS installed is: v4.5.0.188. Is there another OS after this? Please advise.

Thank you.

From looking into this, I believe that the latest OS is 4.5 for this device. The best way to know 100% for certain is simply to go to the BlackBerry site and download the latest OS for your device AND your carrier. Whatever you do, please don't download software that your carrier doesn't support for your device. Since you have an older BlackBerry, you may be eligible for an upgrade and consider a new device. The new BlackBerrys are great, if you are interested. Certainly not trying to convince you, but all of these devices have a life of typically just a few years. With all the changes and new apps, I would suggest considering getting an updated device, ifthat's possible. Hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

I can answer questions on cellular phones, the physical device, the network, contracts, billing, ordering, porting and what to look for when purchasing cell phones. I am located in the United States. I am an expert on BlackBerrys, Treos, HTC devices and iPhones as well as cellphones and aircards. I have over 15 years of experience in both the wireless and wireline world with the carriers. I have a lot of knowledge regarding the wireless providers - their services, prices and policies, both GSM AT&T and T-Mobile) and CDMA (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel). I am very familiar with the individual devices and their specifications. I can also answer questions regarding BlackBerrys, iPhones and other PDAs, both Palm-based and Windows-based. I can troubleshoot most any problem someone is having with their cellular device or with the provider.

Over 20 years in the Telecom industry working for the carriers with individuals, small business, medium business and large corporations(Fortune 500). Also worked as a professor in Maryland for 10 years teaching telecommunications.

I belong to several organizations

Master's in Telecommunications

Received several awards for papers that I have published over the years