Cellular Phones/cell phone head set

Question
I don't know the brand name of phone.but my boss spent a lot of $ on an MMX 300 online gaming headset with mic.to use on his phone.he's wondering why the quality isn't there.
I'm having trouble explaining why gaming headsets aren't designed for the application he's using it for(one on one verbal communication).
hoping you could help with a better explanation as to why its not what he expected.
         thanks,Martin

Answer
The only kind of headset that you can use with a cell phone is one that is designed specifically for a cell phone. The phone has to have a certain plug in of course and it also has a voice quality microphone. A gaming headset is designed for a computer or a gaming system only. Just because something is a headset doesn't mean it works in all situations. A headset for a cordless phone is different from a headset for a computer or gaming system is different from a cell phone headset. They all have different ways that the voice is handled. A headset that is used just to listen is totally different than one used to listen and talk. Hope this helps.  

Cellular Phones

DebiN